Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Sick...again!

Both Ada and Emmet are fighting off yet another cold! When will this end? They both have horrible coughs and stuffed up noses. I took Ada to the urgent care on Sunday but after a quick check it seems just viral. They did however give her an inhaler because she has been wheezing and breathing heavy again. Poor girl. Because of these colds they have had short tempers with each other and there has been A LOT of fighting, whining and crying. Roger was so happy to see me when I walked in the door yesterday from work. He had definitely had enough. Hopefully they are feeling better soon, I hate to see them so miserable!

An update on Emmet's shoulder...
We saw the pediatric surgeon last week. The Cystic Vascular Lesion is nothing to worry about, in fact many kiddos have them, they just never make themselves known. Bumping it or injuring the area can make it "grow". It is entirely possible we will never see it again. The surgeon said if it grew a third time he would consider removing it but for now we just carry on. Such a huge relief! Also, last Friday Emmet was fitted for braces for his ankles. This was recommended by his physical therapist to correct the pronation in his feet/ankles. He walks on the inside of his feet. The braces will offer him enough support to correct the pronation yet still provide flexibility for running, jumping, and allowing the muscles to strengthen. They will also increase his balance and endurance.We should be getting them within the next week. I'll be sure to post pictures when we do. I'm not sure how Emmet will react to them but I'm hoping for the best!

I thought I'd post some adorable pictures from Pops. So precious..




.

1 comment:

Michele said...

I hope those kids start feeling better soon! I know how yucky it is when they don't feel well. Luckily I didn't pass my flu along to Jenna this year!