Monday, December 29, 2008
Big Boy Emmet
On Saturday December 20th Emmet declared that he was a big boy and was no longer interested in wearing diapers! Seriously. This is so typical Emmet...always doing things on his own terms, his own time frame, when he wants to and is ready. We tried last summer to potty train him along with Ada but he just wasn't ready. He's since been pooping on the potty for about the last 5 months but has had no interest in committing to the toilet full time when I have asked. So, I was surprised when he refused the diaper when he got up in the morning and went to get a pair of underwear. He's really been doing a great job as long as he is reminded frequently (he is becoming a bit reliant on the timer). The holidays threw him off a little bit with being out of his normal routine, lack of naps and late bedtimes but we'll get back on track soon. We're doing pull-ups for naps and bedtime but will tackle that battle another time. Right now I'm just rejoicing in the fact that I don't have to buy diapers anymore!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment