Tuesday, November 03, 2009

October 2009

Blogger is not being friendly today...for some reason, my font sizes are all screwed up and no matter what I do - it won't change. Grr!!!!

So, one thing I did happen to remember about September is that the weather was incredible...this is in stark contrast the cold, dreary October we had. Seriously, it was rather miserable. I read somewhere that we had like 22 days of rain in October. Yuck!

The weather certainly didn't stop anyone from preparing for a spring garden for next year! Dad has graciously offered up a large plot of his property for a family garden. I'm so excited to give it a go in the spring and to hopefully have yummy fresh veggies all summer long!

Emmet needed a big truck for the big job. Ada & Mommy were shopping at Target :)

Before.

Emmet adores doing hard work with his Daddy and his Bumpa.


Emmet begging Daddy to stop. He didn't like this part so much.

Mommy & Ada showed up just when the boys were winding down for the day.


Done for now...more work tomorrow.


FINISHED!



SO PROUD!!!!

Fire Station Fun!!!

On October 11th we took the kids to the Oregon Fire Department's annual Pancake Breakfast. Ada and Emmet had a blast after getting over their usual initial shyness.


This picture frightens me and reminds me way too much of my brother and I.


Preschool Begins...ehem, beGAN.

So, here I was going on and on about how I can't remember anything else important that happened in September. Bad mommy. Ada and Emmet started preschool. Sheesh, as if that's not important! First of all, I cannot believe my children are in preschool. Second, they LOVE it. They are attending a great place here in Oregon called, Little Folks Growing Center. The transition from Yova's to here was nearly seamless and I was so worried. Daddy does drop-off and never did get a picture of them on their first day - or their 10th day for that matter. But we will eventually. I'm so proud of my big kids. Here they are working on their very first homework assignment.

 

and a video of a little diddy they learned from Ms. Mary Ann.




Mama leaves the house for some fun with friends...what? what's that? Yep, it had been a looonnngggg time.

On October 24th I shared a lovely evening with Troy and Kim. We had a delicious dinner at Monte's and saw Ingrid Michaelson at the Barrymore. What a great show! It felt good, really good, to get out and have some fun!


I love times like these...
As I was doing dishes one night I could hear Ada "reading" a book. I took a quick peek into the living room to find this.


Emmet gets a haircut...for real.
Pops and Daddy took Emmet to get a haircut a couple of weekends ago. This is the shortest it's ever been. My handsome little man.


Pumpkin Patch

Brr....it was downright chilly this year during our pumpkin patch trip. Last year we were sweating - this year we were bundled up and freezing. We still managed to have a good time, although we didn't spend nearly as much time there as we would have if the weather would have been a little nicer.


2nd Annual Pumpkin Carving Party

On October 30th Greg, Gina, Nana & Pops came over to carve pumpkins. What fun!






Happy Halloween!!!!

Ada and Emmet were super excited about Halloween this year! They enjoyed themselves quite a bit and once again I'm reminded of just how quickly things change. They ran from house to house with some neighborhood friends and even walked up to many houses (the not too scary ones) without adult help. Now, of course they are obsessed with eating their candy...last year they didn't realize that I took it all away a day later, but this year they know.

Emmet was Dale Earnhardt Jr (race car driver) and Ada was Cinderella. So fitting.


Here we go...off to get some candy!

With our neighbors Nick and Lola.


Yippie! Look Mom, more candy!!!

I have some more too mom!

Cute!

Love the fire truck that drives around to pass out candy to the kids!


All done...heading to Nana and Pops house to warm up and hang out!

A little bit of sorting, matching and counting fun.


No comments: