I've recently been inspired by a couple of friends to attempt my blogging again. When I first began blogging this was where I highlighted events, both large and small, and used this as somewhat of a "baby book". When I got behind on my posts I'd feel overwhelmed and insist that I began where I left off, which more often than not meant that NO blogging occurred at all. Well...it's a new day. I'm giving myself permission to just post when I post and not worry about the timeline and accounting for all events. I'm free!
So...here I am. It's Sunday evening and a wonderful weekend is coming to a close. I've had one of those weekends where everything falls into place. I was able to finish all the laundry, clean a few things, help the kids get their homework finished and have a whole bunch of fun with my little family. Love it when that happens!
The highlights:
*STAR WARS*
- I finally decided that Ada and Emmet could handle watching Star Wars. I had no idea what they would think or if they'd even make it through before declaring that it was too scary. They LOVED it. So much so that we watched Star Wars on Saturday night and The Empire Strikes Back this afternoon. Uncle Greg was about as excited for them as they were so naturally I had to text him the play-by-play which included the following observations.
- Early on in the movie Emmet stated, "This movie is pretty cool!".
- After the scene where Darth Vader and Obi One Kenobi fight I asked the kids if they thought Obi One was dead. Emmet replied in all seriousness, "No. He's magic".
- Ada declared that she wanted to be Princess Leia and was delighted when I told her that I did too a long time ago.
- Ada's observation, "ohhh, he (Luke) is in love with her (princess leia). I can tell because he can't take his eyes off her."
- After the movie was over I asked Emmet what his favorite part was...."ALL OF IT!"
- Putting the kids to bed Ada said that she would like to have her hair done like Princess Leia. I remember feeling the same way!
- Tucking Emmet in I said, "good night Luke Sky Walker". He replied with utter disgust, "Hey! I'm not Scott Walker!" This one totally cracks me up.
*Sledding*
- After our movie watching this afternoon Roger and I mustered up some energy and surprised the kids with a spontaneous sledding outing. What a blast! Sunshine, fresh air and lots of laughter did us all good! It also supplied my much too sedentary body with some much needed activity.
Going to try to "get horizontal" (as my grandma likes to say) early tonight and attempt to push out the work anxiety that likes to creep in on Sunday night with happy reflections of my wonderful weekend.
happythoughtshappythoughtshappythoughtshappythoughtshappythoughtshappythoughtshappythoughts
No comments:
Post a Comment