Friday, May 05, 2006

Fussy, fussy, fussy!

I don't have much time to post...the babies have been incredibly fussy this week and eating every 2 hours...growth spurt??? We started tandem breast feeding last week and are slowly getting the hang of it. It's quite an ordial leading up to up though - both babies screaming, me running around trying to get everything ready (my special pillow, a million other pillows to prop myself up, Ada's nipple shield in warm water etc). My nipples feel like they are going to fall off - so incredibly sore as it's hard to get them positioned well and they have been eating a lot more lately! It's been a hard week but I keep telling myself it won't always be this way. They are getting so big and starting to enjoy things that they didn't respond to before - mom and dad's faces, the play gym, the sunshine on their faces. It's so amazing to watch them change right before our very eyes! I have one more week before I return to work - I'm feeling really sad about having to leave them when they will only be 8 weeks old - the guilt sets in! Good thing they will be with Daddy and Nana...in good hands!

1 comment:

Michele said...

I totally remember the soreness part, and I seem to recall that Medela PureLan was very helpful for that. I was given a sample from a friend and luckily after a few weeks, the soreness went away and I just had numbness. Of course, I was probably nursing half as much, so maybe it'll take a little longer for you... But then again, if you're going back to work, you may have more time to heal in between feedings...
Anyway, how long will you have to work before summer vacation starts? I had to go back to work for a short time when Jenna was about 4 months old, and that really messed up my nursing capabilities. I ended up having to give it up entirely by her 6th month birthday even though I was hoping to nurse for a year. Don't worry though, you'll do just fine and once you've past this point, it'll be like it was years ago (even though it may be only months!) Time FLIES!!! We'll be seeing you in July!!!