Saturday, February 10, 2007
Nap Strike
Ada and Emmet are NOT napping lately. It took them an hour to fall asleep for their morning nap today and they never did fall asleep for their afternoon nap. For their afternoon nap I took Ada upstairs and lay her in her crib. I went back downstairs to get Emmet. When we walked into the room Ada is SITTING in her crib. This is a first! To top this off I discovered why they aren't sleeping. About 2 minutes after laying Ada back down and leaving the room I hear belly laughs and giggling...this is becoming the norm lately. So, I decided to peek in. Ada is up on her knees, practically standing up reaching over into Emmet's crib. Emmet was reaching back and they were playing with each other's hands. I was laughing too hard to keep a sober face trying to say "it's nap time, time to sleep". Also, lately I have been noticing that Emmet's stuffed animal from his crib has been ending up in Ada's crib. I had assumed that Ada had been reaching through to steal it (she steals everything Emmet has) but Nana saw Emmet pushing it through the railings into Ada's crib yesterday. I think this all is hysterical and I love how they're interacting with each other, however the non-napping is not so funny. Needless to say we lowered the mattresses and Roger decided to separate the cribs. They were butted up together. The separation makes me really sad actually. I was sad when we put them in separate cribs too. Emmet screamed forever tonight (very unusual) when we put him to bed...I am convinced it's because he was separated from his sister and the room is rearranged a little. So sad. I'm a mush bucket! I am proud however that Ada figured out how to get to sitting from laying!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh, the joys, adventures and challenges of twin naps! How is the new room arrangement working?
Post a Comment