I'm afraid I have fallen so far behind in my posting. I am on Spring Break this week and was bound and determined to accomplish so much, including updating the blog. Here it is Thursday already and my to-do list is not even close to being completed. I did however spend some quality time with Ada and Emmet, which I love, love, love. It's such a treat for me to be home for extended periods of time. It does make going back to work difficult but I realize how lucky I am to have the schedule I do.
Where do I begin? On March 23rd we had Ada and Emmet's one year well child visit.
Emmet's stats are:
weight: 22 lbs 12oz (49%), height: 30 inches (57%), Head size: 45 1/2 cm (24%).
Ada's stare are:
weight: 23 lbs 6 oz (83%), height: 30 inches (78%), head size: 45 cm (76%)
The doctor was pleased with their development. We expressed our concern about Emmet not crawling yet (still just army crawling) but she was not worried. She said that if at our next appointment (15 months) he's still not crawling then she would have some concern. Ada started crawling about a month ago and she is a speed demon! They both took their shots with lots of crying and tears of course. We have the green light to feed them pretty much everything we eat and to start whole milk and wean from formula and bottles. So far, they are no longer having a morning bottle but rather a sippy cup with milk. It took them quite a while to decide they liked milk but they're doing well with it now. Just today we pulled the afternoon bottle. They had a sippy with milk instead. The bed time bottle will take a little longer to get rid of.
Every day I can't believe my eyes at how big and grown-up Ada and Emmet appear. They are looking less and less like babies and more and more like toddlers. They are very much into exploring everything and the reactions they have are precious. Ada is a "momma's girl" (not to say that she doesn't adore her daddy) but she has become a bit of a clingy monster lately. She is pulling up on everything and enjoys attempting unassisted steps between people. Her newest phase is to pull up to stand in her crib and jump like crazy. This is all fine and good except that she doesn't know how to drop down yet and this result in crying and screaming until someone comes to lay her down. This sometimes happens 5 times during a nap and usually results in Ada and sometimes both of them not getting their nap in. Emmet is army crawling all over and loves rolling balls all over the kitchen and dining room. He loves laying on his back and looking at books independently. He spends a lot of time staring out the patio window ,I imagine longing to go outside again. They both are enjoying their big birthday present - The Laugh and Learn House.
One of the best new developments is the interaction between the two. Emmet keeps trying to kiss (or bite?) Ada and nuzzles his head into her every chance he gets. Ada likes petting Emmet's head and squeels and giggles with delight when Emmet crawls towards her. She likes to "hide" and peek around corners waiting for him. They both like to say goodnight to eachother with nuzzles and sometimes slobbery kisses. I just love this!!!
I can't believe they are a year old already! I continue to be amazed at the amount of love I feel for them...it is overwhelming and spectacular! I'll add some pictures tomorrow but for now I need some sleep!
No comments:
Post a Comment