Sunday, May 27, 2007

What a great day!

We had a great day today! We ventured out to the ever-famous Madison Brat Fest with Greg, Gina, our friend Wendy AND Ada and Emmet. We gooped up with sunscreen, stuffed the diaper bag and loaded up the beloved Radio Flyer Deluxe wagon (someday I will refer to it just as "the wagon" but for now it's still just too special) and hit the road. To say that we rarely leave the house would be a huge understatement so we were a little apprehensive as to how they would react to such a new environment. The weather was beautiful and the Brat Fest was packed with people. The Brat Fest happens to be the finish line for the Madison Marathon and although it used to be just a little festival it has become a huge ordeal complete with carnival rides and bands to listen to. We were able to find a section of grass to park the wagon and spread out a little bit near a stage where a band was playing. Ada and Emmet loved it! Ada danced to the music and they both loved eating brats and hot dogs and playing on the grass. Emmet enjoyed playing with uncle Greg and the hat that he wouldn't keep on his head. Ada tried to escape a few times to go see a "baabee" (baby), which happened to be a little girl who was probably 2 years older than her. Roger and I spend so much time being pseudo single parents that I am still reveling in our family day out and about! It was a blast! My only regret....I forgot the camera!

In other news....Ada has been trying to "mother" Emmet the last couple of days. She has started saying "no no" when he throws his food on the floor. This is rather funny as she seems to think it's perfectly okay that she do it. This morning Emmet did a face plant and was very upset. Ada typically cries or at the very least whines and fake cries when Emmet cries. Today while Roger held Emmet and Ada was whining I was explaining that Emmet was sad and he was crying and I mentioned that he needed a kiss. We scooted closer and she got up and gave Emmet kisses and patted his head. So so so adorable! Also, this afternoon while they were having a snack Ada was intent on feeding Emmet. He was busy playing but she continued to follow him around trying to put a cracker in his mouth. My little mother hen!

That's all for now! Wish I had some pictures to include with this post. I'm still kicking myself for forgetting the camera. Greg took some with his phone so maybe there will be some later!

No comments: