Sunday, October 21, 2007

18 Month Appointment

Well we were about a month late but Ada and Emmet did finally have their 18-month check-up. I was amazed but it was actually the best doctor appointment we've have yet. I had assumed that A&E would be terrified and mad because we've been to urgent care so much in the last few weeks but I was wrong. They really enjoyed being able to walk around the waiting area, looking at books and pointing at things. They walked themselves back to the room and were friendly and talkative with the nurse and the doctor. Ada cried for the weight and height measurements, when the doctor looked in her ears and after getting her flu shot but the crying was short lived. Emmet only cried when the doctor looked in his ears (she had to remove some wax) and that's it, he didn't even cry after the flu shot! It turns out that Emmet's ear infection is still not gone so they put him on Augmentin too. Ada was put on it last weekend because she was not better yet either and she developed a sinus infection. Yesterday morning Emmet woke up with blood and puss coming out of his ear. He must have ruptured his ear drum but he never let on. I've had that happen before and it's excrutiating! I don't know how he handled it so well!
The new stats are...

Ada: 26 lbs 7oz/ 74% (weight), 34 1/4 in/96% (height) and 47 cm (head)

Emmet: 24 lbs 2oz/22% (weight), 33 1/2 in/75% (height) and 46 1/2 cm (head)

Doctor was happy with their progress. We do need to take Emmet back to have his spine checked again. I think it was about 6 months ago when they saw a slight curve in his spine and told us to come back for a re-check when he was walking independently. And no more shots until kindergarten! YIPPIE!!!!!

They both continue to love singing and they usually both sing themselves to sleep and wake up singing...it is the sweetest thing! Emmet's favorite right now is Twinkle Twinkle, which sounds more like kunkle, kunkle. He fills in the "up above" by saying "bu ba ba" and other parts as well. He's also really going to town on his language development and walking so well! My new fav thing that Emmet does; when I ask him a question (and it has a "yes" response) he nods his head up and down and says "uh,huh". Ada sings EVERYTHING. She is non-stop talking and singing. Ada's latest and greatest..."ba-bye mama", "hi mama", and "where'd he go?".

I can't say it enough...I LOVE LOVE LOVE this age!

No comments: