Tuesday, August 26, 2008

2 Year Check-up

Okay, okay...so the blog is not the only thing I am behind on.

I finally got Emmet and Ada in for their two year old check-up on July 25th. The appointment went fairly well, except I found out that they both had ear infections, which I had suspected and had them checked 5 days earlier but they were fine then. Emmet is so laid back, he just lets the doctor do her thing. Ada on the other hand needs to be reassured through most everything and then when it comes to looking in her ears....HOLY MOLY - look out. She has these tiny little ear canals so it's alwasy really hard for doctors to get a good look anyway and I always wonder if she has more discomfort because of that. Then on top of that she always seems to have so much wax in her ears that there is a need for the doctor to dig it out. The poor girl screams and writhes in agony during the whole thing and she is getting big enough now that it is hard for me to restrain her completely. We left the appointment with a script for both Ada and Emmet even though the doc could not see in Ada's ear. We were told to use drops 3-4 times a day to help loosen up the wax. HA! Try putting ear drops in a toddler's ears by yourself. Next to impossible!

So anyway here are their new stats...
Ada: WEIGHT ( 30 lbs 8 oz, 77%) HEIGHT (36", 71%)
Emmet: WEIGHT (27 lbs 8oz, 28%) HEIGHT (34 3/4", 27.5%)

Despite the ear infections and drama while diagnosing them the doc was quite impressed with my little duo and all that they are accomplishing and of course how stinkin' cute they are!

No comments: