Tuesday, August 18, 2009

July 2009

HELLO JULY!


First of all I need to say that the weather this summer has been bizarre. Seriously. It was in the 70's for most of July. This was nice on the wallet (no need for A.C.) but not so nice for evening swimming lessons at the outdoor pool. That's right, we finally got the kids into swimming lessons this year at The Goodman pool. They did okay. Ada was definitely a more willing participant than Emmet, although Emmet, with his relaxed, low muscle tone body, was a much better floater in general. We should have done another session but the classes ran Monday-Thursday for two weeks...it was a bit much. They really do need some more water exposure and lessons...maybe this fall at the YMCA or Oregon's indoor pool. Who knows. I do not have any pictures for many reasons two of which are 1. I detest having to wear a swimming suit much less have a picture of me in one and 2. it's next to impossible to take a picture when both parents are in the water. Ah well.


We were able to make it out to Menomonee Falls again this summer for our annual "Tocco, Sanchez, Marcin Reunion". After getting lost (which has become tradition for the Sanchez and Marcin families) we spent a lovely afternoon/evening together. The kids had a blast and the adults enjoyed themselves too! As always, I so wish we all lived closer so we could do this more often!
Lunch time - kid style! Bryan makes the BEST pizza on the grill.

Sophie was such a huge help with the little ones and did an awesome job helping Ada in the pool!


Ice Cream Sundaes! Woo hoo! Yep, the kids went crazy on this.


My loves - Andee & Erin. Why am I slouching?


The offspring. L-R
Diego, Joseph, Eileen, Sophie, Olivia, Emmet, Ada

On the 15th (I think) Andee, Erin and I reluctantly attended our 15 year high school reunion. We had a yummy dinner with Troy beforehand at one of our fav spots - The Weary Traveler on Willy Street. We didn't take any pictures. Stupid. The reunion was okay...better than the 10 year. The 10 year was more formal - dressy, dinner etc. This was just a bunch of people meeting at a bar. I much prefer the relaxed atmosphere - it still is a lot of silly stress though. Amazing how after that many years...

The next day Andee, Erin and I took all of our munchkins to the zoo. I've got to say how nice it is that the Madison Zoo is free. Seriously, how lucky are we? Anyway, it was a busy day. Mama's were all a bit tired from the night before - the kids had a great time and it was so sweet to be able to spend one more day with my friends before they went back home.

L-R
Eileen, Sophie, Olivia, Joseph, Emmet, Ada, Diego


The seals are always a big hit!



Diego & Sophie


Emmet hiding.



On July 24th my cousin Patrick married the love of his life, Allison. Ada & Emmet had the privilege of being their flower girl and ring bearer. For weeks we talked about the upcoming wedding. Ada especially was so excited to wear her "princess dress". Roger and I were both a little anxious about how they would do when the time came to actually walk down the aisle with lots of unfamiliar people watching.

They practiced at home a bunch and had the opportunity to practice before the ceremony began. They also knew they both had a special surprise waiting for them with Daddy when they made it down the aisle - yes, I'm not above bribing my children.

At the very last minute Ada got nervous and said she wanted me to go with them but with a little positive prompting on my part, a hand and a "let's go Ada" from Emmet, all went well! Hooray! I must say they looked smashing in their wedding attire. So completely adorable and you could just tell how proud they were.

Once at the reception they danced ALL night long. I'm not kidding. Ada was bouncing from the moment we walked into the reception hall and heard the dinner music. She could NOT wait for the official dance to begin. Emmet was showing off his superb 3 year old dancing moves - which rocked. Eventually Emmet sat down on the dj's stage, where he proceeded to lay down and then fall asleep. Ada danced and danced and danced - when she made her way to Emmet and laid down on the stairs we decided to head to the hotel. After a meltdown from Emmet (sorry to all those who were rooming near us) they both passed out. It is safe to say that they LOVED staying in the hotel too. Amazing how much entertainment a mini fridge and microwave can provide. The next day we spent hanging out at my aunt Kathy's house with Blaine, GG, Great Aunt Ruth, Peggy, Gary, Miranda, Blaino, Abbie, Mickey, Nana, Pops, Greg, Barb, Don and his girls. More family time, good food and good conversation...couldn't have asked for a better weekend! Now for the pictures.

Before the ceremony, Ada showing her princess shoes to Barb


Spontaneous hugging after being apart for 20 minutes while getting dressed.


Practice makes perfect!


Patrick & Allison Kerstein


Cool Cat Cousins - Sam & Miranda



Mom, Greg, Aunt Kathy, Gina


Ada - not sure what she's doing exactly. If I were a better mother I would say that she is praying but since this was her very first time stepping foot inside a church I'd say that's pretty unlikely. I'm going to hell.



LOVE


Beautiful Aunt Peggy


Gina looking pretty...and even a coordinating drink!


Sam & his girl.



Aunt Peggy & Gary


Patrick & Allison


Mom & Doug


Aunt Jackie & Collin



Top L-R (Kathy, Jackie, Grandma)
Bottom L-R (Abbie, Peggy, Mom, Miranda)



Handsome Emmet


Me in my dancin' shoes.


As cousins I'd say we think alike, wouldn't you? Me, Miranda, Abbie


Rog & I


Precious Ada



Aunt Kathy & Blaine


Aunt Barb & Don


Ada & Allison


Mom, me, Great Aunt Ruth


Daddy & Emmet


Daddy & Ada


Mom & Doug


Ada lovin' all the attention


and again - some of the girls took her out for the bouquet toss.


T.I.R.E.D.

Back at the hotel.


Happily Ever After!!!



SUMMER TIME FUN DAYS!

After a busy week leading up to the wedding Ada, Emmet & I enjoyed a peaceful week at home with some beautiful weather. We are lucky enough to have an awesome 2 mile bike trail just across the street from our subdivision. Ada and Emmet LOVE this. There are a couple of "ponds" where the geese, ducks and cranes like to hang out, wild flowers to look at along the way and even a cool bridge to go over. Emmet likes to ride his bike while Ada prefers to walk the dog. Some days we go the whole 2 miles and other days we cut it short and head to the park instead.

Checkin' out the geese. They were being really good and following directions (be very quiet so we don't scare them)...moments later another youngin' came along and ran after them all.


Run away! Run away!



Safe at last!



We call it a crane but I guess it's a Great Blue Heron. They are so cool.


My sweet Ada love bug.



Ada working on her climbing skills


Emmet balancing - I love this, I have no clue where he got the idea to hold his arms out at his sides.


Emmet giving the sun a big ol' smile.


Emmet pouting because it was time to go home. He's so cool.

Sure will be sad to see the summer come to an end. August always comes too fast and I spend a lot of it choking back tears not wanting to leave my babes and yet I feel so lucky to be able to spend my summers with them. I really shouldn't complain - but I just can't help it.

No comments: