Thursday, July 30, 2009

June 2009

If blogger cooperates I could be caught up by tonight.

The end of the school year was extra delicious this year. Maybe they always feel that way? Even though Ada and Emmet spent the first 4 months of being 3 years old in a constant state of whine, arguing, manipulating and making us crazy - I was ready to be home. To soak up some A&E time, sunshine, time alone (yep, we kept them in daycare for their normal 2 days per week) and a much needed break from a job that I love but seems to suck the life out of me by the end of the year.

I actually have pictures from Cherokee's 8th Grade Farewell night. I so wish I could post pics of my students and I together. I really bonded with this group this year (I'm sure I said the same thing last year) and will be sad not to see them next year as they will be moving on to high school. Some come back to visit periodically...can't wait to see them. I found out at the end of the year that I will being moving to the 6th grade team starting next school year. I really, really, really enjoy working with the 8th graders and made some nice friendships with people in the 8th grade team but I'm looking forward to working with some new people and was lucky enough to have my assistant move down with me. I'm anxious about "starting over" in regards to learning a whole new curriculum but am hopeful that the math will be easier! LOL!

Now for the kid report...

Ada found her way into my purse. Look how proud she is!


CARS CARS CARS CARS CARS CARS CARS CARS CARS CARS CARS CARS CARS CARS CARS


So, Emmet's favorite pastime is to play with his cars. He has quite a collection now. This day he was driving them on "the mountain" but usually he like to "go bumpy bumpy" by driving them over a magazine. I have no idea what that's all about but he likes to go bumpy bumpy A LOT.

Warm Weather = lunches outside!


On Father's Day we let Daddy sleep in and surprised him with breakfast (so what it was from McDonalds), gifts, cards, and lots o' love. We spent the day at Dad's helping out him out in the yard (it was so stinkin' hot and muggy that day), eatin' pizza and watching a movie. It was a great day!




Roger helping Dad move some mulch.


Ada helping Bumpa fill up a bucket.


Ada & Bumpa watering/fertilizing the trees.


Emmet taking a break after helping with the mulch to "go bumpy bumpy" with his cars.


A&E LOVE riding their bikes up and down Bumpa's long driveway!

RACING RACING RACING RACING RACING RACING RACING

Ada and Emmet attended their very first stock car race and Madison International Speedway. They had a blast!

They enjoyed it all much better once we got the "ear muffs".


Ada of course LOVED the one pink car!


Emmet gave the cars "thumbs up" when they drove by.


Daddy just so happy that his children had as much fun as he did!


Emmet finally worked up enough courage to actually sit in the race car!!!!

MISC.

~Ada and Emmet continue to call airplanes - "hairplanes" and sunscreen - "sunscream".

~ Emmet can often be heard saying things like: "that sound cool?", "that be good?" and "I think so" after verbalizing ideas that he has.

~ Emmet often likes to tell people around him, "know what _____? I love you". I believe this started with a little game I did "Guess what? Chicken butt, guess what? I love you"

~We sold Roger's old cargo van and purchased another large van that has seats so we can pare down to just two vehicles. It was a tough transition for Emmet as he LOVED "the daddy white ban" but he quickly became obsessed with "the daddy red ban" or "the new red ban". So much so that for a week or two after we bought it Emmet would throw a fit if it wasn't parked in the road where he could see it.

~Ada is the queen of "NO! I DO IT!!!!" Little Miss Independent. This is all well and good except when we're in a hurry and then mommy tying her shoes or putting her in her carseat or buckling her carseat etc causes a meltdown and let me tell you - Ada's meltdowns are LOUD!

~ When pronouncing difficult words I will often say "look at me" or "watch mommy say it" - Ada has since taken over this phrase and likes using it with Emmet.

~ Both A&E were assessed for special education this spring. Neither of them qualify for services (good thing) but as a result of this whole process we also had some other assessments done too. Ada saw her ENT and a Voice/Speech person at UW Hospital. We were concered because he speech was still so nasaly since her surgery in October. No huge deal there, she definitley is demonstrating some speech struggles but we are to watch her and bring her back in 6 months if things don't straighten themselves out. Emmet saw a pediatric orthopedist because we still had some concern about his balance, stability etc. and his braces were causing some skin breakdown on his feet. Overall we were told what we've always been told - Emmet has really low muscle tone and lack of good core strength. He no longer needs to wear the braces (hooray!) and we need to keep working on his trunk strength, correct his "W" sitting and provide ample opportunity to climb, run etc to build strength. Roger had some of these same issues as a young boy and turned out just fine...he's still incredibly flexible for a 40 year old! Overall...no real worries at this point!

And I'm spent.

No comments: