I have a moment (I think) before the babies wake up to eat so I thought I would try to post a quick update and some pictures. Aren't they adorable? It's a good thing there are moments like shown in the pictures - otherwise the 3am, hour long screaming fit from both would put us over the edge for sure!
On Monday the babies will be 3 weeks old! We cannot believe it, of course it seems like we brought them home a year ago! This scares me as this means that I have to go back to work in 5 weeks and I know that will go by so fast! I'm not ready to leave these two! At our last pediatrician appointment Ada was weighing in at 5 lbs 15 oz and Emmet weighed in at 5 lbs 13 oz. We couldn't be happier - they are growing and gaining...that must mean we're doing something right?!?!?
We're trying to figure this all out. We're exhausted and take turns trying to keep eachother awake in the middle of the night...and during the day too! The babies are eating about every 2-3 hours. Latching for breastfeeding is not working too well at the moment and causes lots of screaming and crying from babies and mom too. I'm assured to keep at it - that they are so little, not even supposed to be born yet and they will catch on. Some days I'm not so sure...bottle feeding is so much easier at the moment. I'm pumping and we supplement with formula when we need to. For now we'll keep working at it...I'm dreaming of the days with easy latch ons and quick feedings!
As for me, my incision is healing very nicely and I'm feeling much more human and normal being off the pain meds. I have been dealing with a nasty urinary tract infection that doesn't seem to want to go away, I'm starting my second round of antibiotics today. I am able to recognize my feet now and put them in my shoes without pain! I still can't fit my rings on my fingers but expect to soon! I've lost 33 pounds so far - half way there although I expect the rest will be a little more difficult to get rid of...UGH!
Will try to post again soon - TRY being the key word here!
Thank you all for the support, cards, flowers and prayers!
1 comment:
It sure is a journey, I can definitely say that! If we ever get to talk, I can tell you all about my learning experience with Jenna and nursing... And if you haven't experienced the pain yet, good for you... Hopefully you won't, but if you do, OUCH! I'll tell ya some good products you can use that may help and won't hurt the babies... Let me know if you need that info. They're adorable, by the way! Can't wait to meet them and see you all this summer!
Post a Comment