Friday, July 20, 2007

Ba-Bye Greg and Gina

Well, the time has come to say goodbye to Greg and Gina. On Wednesday evening we had their "last supper" with Mom, Doug, Dad and Julie. We had a nice time despite the underlying sadness in everyones hearts. Thursday morning we said our tearful (I couldn't stop crying) goodbyes and watched them drive away in their big yellow truck. Ada started crying when she saw me crying but she quickly stopped crying to focus on saying "eye" and poking me in my eye and wiping my tears. I just can't believe they're gone. I spoke with them tonight and unfortunately "Cecil the Diesel" (their car) broke down in the mountains about 3 hours yet from Grand Junction. What a mess. I feel so bad for them and wish there was something I could do. Greg will be back on the 28th to continue working and waiting to sell the house. I can't imagine how hard that will be for the two of them. They will get through this and will be stronger because of it. It's so quiet next door. I didn't realize how comforting the sound of their garage door or cabinets shutting was. Here are a few pictures from moving day. Ada and Emmet were both so excited to see a big truck in our driveway. Ada kept saying "guck" and Emmet said "da" (his word for everything) and just wanted to touch it. They both enjoyed their inside tour with uncle Greg.




No comments: