Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Greg's last show in WI (for now....)

I don't know if I've mentioned here before now but Greg and Gina will be moving to Grand Junction Colorado in a few short weeks...SOB! Gina worked so hard and recently completed her Masters degree in School Psychology. She accepted a position in Colorado as it's been a dream of theirs to live out west. Greg will be working towards a Songwriting Certificate through Berklee College of Music online with hopes of selling his creations and making lots and lots of money to support his beautiful niece and nephew, I mean to support his beautiful wife, adorable dog (Joplin)and live the life of freedom! Anyway...Greg has played shows for the last several years with a friend, Freddy. They had a regular happy hour gig every week at a bar in Madison for quite a while and would also periodically play in the Lake Geneva and Waukesha areas. On June 23rd, they had a farewell show in Waukesha. After Roger got home from work he took over baby central and I went to Waukesha. It was a nice adult night away for me but was also an emotional night for some of us. I found myself choking back tears several times that night. I'm going to miss both of them tremendously. It's been so nice having them as next door neighbors and I just can't imagine what it will be like living that far apart from my brother. Greg lived in Michigan for about a year (I think) a while back - other than that and his senior year in high school when I moved out, we've always lived together. Thank God for email, cell phones and blogs!




Greg playing his heart out!

Greg and Freddy after the show.

L-R, Me, my aunt Barb, my momma

No comments: