Well, as usual as soon as I open my mouth.....
Contractions started up again yesterday evening but seemed to have calmed down by the time I went to bed. They did however wake me up in the middle of the night and by 3:45am they were close enough together (every 10 minutes) that I started paying attention. They were more painful than I'm used to also. By 5am they were about 5 minutes apart and felt stronger. We waited until about 6am and then decided to call. Another trip to the hospital! Heartrates were good for both babies and I continued to have contractions. They checked my cervix and found that it was unchanged - still just under 3cm dialated and 75% effaced. They monitored me for about an hour and checked again, still no change but contractions continued and were fairly strong. They gave me a shot of Terbutaline to attempt to stop the contractions and waited another hour. The contractions didn't stop but there still was no change to my cervix. They gave me the option of staying or going home, which of course we chose to go home - those beds are so uncomfortable! Things slowed down significantly this afternoon although seem to be picking up again tonight. We were informed again that once labor starts again they won't do anything to stop it. We've tried every intervention - Magnesium, Nifedipine, Terbutaline. Both the doctor and the nurse said they fully expected to see us again tonight or within the next couple of days. We'll see. Keep sending prayers and good thoughts our way, meanwhile I'll be on the couch!
No comments:
Post a Comment