Friday, March 03, 2006

Still Cookin'

We're still here! I just haven't had the energy to post lately! Sorry if I caused any alarm! I'll try to recap what's gone on since the last post! Oh, and Happy 33 weeks!

Since increasing the Nifedipine and finishing the meds for the UTI, the contractions have slowed down significantly. Because I don't have enough to contend with at the moment, I have developed a nasty rash. I had some blood work done to rule out some rashes that can pose problems - results came back normal, however the rash has since taken over my body! Not only is it rather ugly looking, the intensity of the itch it produces is horrendous. I was using Benadryl cream while it was still just on my tummy and then switched to oral Benadryl after it became impossible to apply that much cream to almost my entire body. Neither worked very well. Last night I reached the end of my rope and decided to call the doctor today to say "I'M GOING TO LITERALLY LOSE MY MIND UNLESS YOU DO SOMETHING". So after a visit to the clinic I have now been given Prednisone (spelling?), which should clear it up within a few days. "It" by the way is a rash called PUPPP. Don't ask me what it stands for, all I know is that it is pregnancy related and will not entirely go away until I deliver. I'm looking forward to getting some sleep again...wait, I wasn't sleeping before this rash either! My OB again stated that I could deliver "any day now". I laughed and told him that he keeps saying that and yet, here I am - STILL pregnant.

Now, to fill you all in I have become completely miserable within the last week and even though I ultimately want these two to stay inside for at least another 3 weeks....I AM SO DONE WITH THIS!!!!!

On a brighter note...we had a wonderful shower with family and friends last Saturday! Greg and Gina opened their house for everyone so I only had to walk next door and even though carrying this @%^ lb body around is a chore, it was nice to get some fresh air! We had a great time and received many generous gifts...it's amazing really! I was exhausted afterwards from all the activity!

On Monday Andee brought her little Diego and Erin brought Eileen and Olivia over for lunch. It was such a treat to spend some time with my bestest friends and their kids - this doesn't happen nearly enough as we all live in different places now. I find myself wishing for the "old days" when we used to see eachother several times a week. Sniff, sniff...it's just the hormones, really!

On Tuesday two of my co-workers came for a visit. Sue brought some of her famous baked goods, which I have been missing since being stuck here at home. Jenny T. brought a bag full of goodies - books, movies and stamps! We chatted for a while about work and I felt like a normal person for a little while!

We (and by we I really mean Roger) have been working hard on getting the nursery all set to go. Mom (soon to be Nana) came over on Wednesday to help with some of the organizing, laundry and put together the swing! I enjoyed the company and wished I could help more than just sitting in a chair and folding laundry. The nursery is looking great and perhaps I'll even get a picture posted here eventually!

We have an ultrasound next Tuesday and another doctors appointment next Wednesday. We are hoping the babies are close to weighing 5 lbs. and are anxious to see them! Can't believe it's been a month since our last ultrasound already!

So! That should about bring us up to date. Thank you all for the support, prayers, phone calls and emails!!! Have a great weekend!

No comments: