Thursday, February 23, 2006

Maybe we should just book a permanent room

I have a feeling this will become a recurring theme until these two show up. Contractions started at 2am this morning...every 10 minutes. I stayed in bed hoping they would stop. Because my contractions seem to have fun for several hours and then poop out Roger and I decided to just wait them out. By 6am though we decided 4 hours was enough and called the doctor. Of course they wanted us to come him. We gathered everything up just in case. We arrived in triage, got all hooked up and I had 1 contraction and then 2 TINY ones and then nothing. They checked my cervix, which is dialated to just under 3cm, very soft and a little more than 50% effaced - and our little lady is way down in my pelvis but I cannot remember what station she said I was. Now, ultimately we are very happy that the babies are still cookin'...however, the frustration and exhaustion of being on edge constantly is well, not a whole lot of fun. I found out later this afternoon that I now have a urinary tract infection. My nightstand is covered with bottles and medications, ointments, tums etc. When it rains it pours.

So - we came home, tired and crabby. Dad was very generous and allowed Roger to take the rest of the day off so he could catch up on the sleep, which is exactly what we did.

So, as much as I try to be cheery and bright with the news...today is just not one of those days!

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Oh, you poor thing!! Just keep taking care of yourself! The waiting game will be over before you know it!