
Welcome our beautiful babies!!!!!
Ada Lee (on right) was born via vaginal birth on March 20th at 2:38pm. She was
5 lbs 8 oz and 19 inches long.
Emmet Lee (on left) was born via c-section on March 20th at 2:57pm. He was 5 lbs 9 oz and 19 inches long.
My (Ada's) water broke around 5:15am on Monday morning. I received an epidural around 10:30ish and started pushing at 12:00pm. Emmet turned transverse again once Ada was delivered. The docs worked so hard to try to turn him from outside my belly. Once they had him breech they worked to get a hold of both of his legs but were unable. It was decided a c-section was in his best interest. They cranked up the epidural but I was still feeling pinching...Emmet's water broke at this point and they wanted him out NOW - so I was put under general anesthesia at that point. Not the way I imagined my labor and the birth of these two happening but they are here safe and healthy and that's all that matters.
That first day after they were born was difficult as I was on IV pain meds, drugged up and yet still in pain. Each day continues to get easier and I'm feeling better. I'm working on weening myself off of the oral pain meds and hope that by mid-week or end of this week I will be on Ibuprofen only. We were discharged on Friday and are so happy to be home! We are utterly exhausted trying to get breast feeding up and running...they are eating about every 3 hours now but sometimes it takes 2 hours to complete the feed. That means one hour in between feeds for mom and dad to sleep. We've had some awesome help from the family. Nana and Doug came today and after stock piling some breast milk Roger and I were able to sleep for 3 hours straight!!!! Ahhhh!
Ada and Emmet are doing well. We had a doctors appointment yesterday and today and will have another one on Tuesday. They are concerned about their weights at this point as they both had not started gaining yet and keep losing. Yesterday we found out that Ada had put on 2 oz but Emmet had lost 2 oz. So, we increased the formula supplementing and Emmet put the 2 oz back on today. Our goal is to have them gain weight right now!
I will attempt to post some more pictures and updates, although I can barely see straight at the moment so it may be a little while. Thank you too all of you for your support, prayers, cards and love! We are so happy they are finally here and as exhausted as we are we are loving every minute of it! We often find ourselves just staring at these two beautiful bundles in awe...are they really ours? It's such an amazing feeling! We are absolutely in love!!!!
1 comment:
Aw, they're absolutely adorable! Congratulations Michelle and Roger! We can't wait to meet the little ones this summer!
Love, Paul, Michele, and Jenna
Post a Comment